NORIGIN MEDIA is a TV Everywhere company, which enables multi-screen and OTT services for carriers, broadcasters and content owners. The Scandinavian company offers a complete multi-screen application suite and a Live TV hosting headend solutions as its primary products.
The company has provided solutions for T-Mobile, France Telecom/ Orange, Teracom Boxer, Nextel, Eurosport, TV2 Denmark, BBC, MTV, FOX and other reputable customers. The privately held company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Norigin Media is looking for an experienced QA Engineer with hands-on experience from testing server side Java software and client applications on a wide range of internet connected devices and environments (mobile phones, tablets, Web, connected TVs, game consoles etc.). Ideal candidate will, as part of the QA team, take part to testing activities including analyzing business requirements, formulating test strategies and test books as well as creating and executing test cases.
We are looking for a person who can develop use-case based automated tests (e.g. using Fitnesse, Selenium, Robotium) as well as creating and executing manual testing. The candidate should be able to see things from the end-user’s perspective and holistically think of the scenarios which can go wrong, and also develop tests to verify all those hard to find bugs and potential problems before they occur. We are looking for a candidate who´s second nature is to diagnose issues and find ways to reproduce them. The candidate should know how to collaborate with developers and stakeholders and should be able to translate requirements into tests cases.
The chosen candidate will work directly with customers and our development teams.
- Working with project managers, developers and operations engineers at all stages to promote and ensure quality
- Producing test strategy for projects and ensure that these are followed
- Producing test plans and ensuring they are followed and maintained
- Create test cases and automate the test procedures
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Perform GUI testing and Java API testing
- Participate to Development, maintaining and enhancing of the test procedures
- Conduct acceptance testing with customers
- Mentor and train junior QA engineers
- Coordinating with the operations and development to ensure required test environments are available.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in software testing of web and mobile applications
- 3+ years experience in automated software testing of web and mobile applications
- ISTQB certification or equivalent (expert level in Test Automation Engineering preferred)
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration
- Proactive and capable of prioritizing tasks and projects
- Analytic problem solver and trouble shooter with a cross functional awareness
- Innovative, flexible and able to view products from the end-user’s point of view
- Quick to learn and adapt
- Excellent English communication skills – both written and verbal
- University Degree
We also appreciate:
- Able to write Java/JUnit code and Bash/Perl/Python scripts
- Able to build, deploy and debug software on application servers (Tomcat), web servers and database servers in Linux environment
- Additional language skills and international experience appreciated
For your application to be considered please indicate possible start date and confirm that you are located in or are willing to move to Oslo (mandatory).
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com in English no later than Friday September 4th 2015. Please use subject field “Application – QA Engineer – First name, Last name”. For more information contact Jussi Komonen, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org